You followed the steps, got your ducks in a row and moved into your new home. Over the last few months we provided you insight on the mortgage process as well as tips on selecting a great realtor, finding the perfect home and on how to move.
Your boxes are unpacked, your furniture is in its spot and your cabinets are full of pots and pans. You’re ready to put your feet up and relax, but before you do, there are a few more things to consider:
- Fill out a change of address form at the post office.
- This will route your mail to your new address. However, to make sure you don’t miss anything after the post office stops forwarding your mail make sure to contact the senders and inform them of your new address.
- Update your driver’s license with your new address.
- This can be completed at a DMV office or often online, just be sure to complete this task shortly after your move.
- Send out change of address cards.
- These days many people just send a text or an email to tell people they’ve moved, but with so many cute change of address cards out there we still believe in sending them snail mail.
- Host a housewarming party.
- This is a great excuse to invite everyone over to see your new home all at once. Open the windows, fire up the grill and chill the drinks. Be proud of your new home and show it off!
We’re so happy you’ve gotten your ducks in a row. But there’s one more thing to remember… enjoy your new home!
Haven’t started the home buying process yet? Complete a mortgage preapproval online or schedule an appointment to meet with one of our friendly, experienced loan officers today.