According to a study by the National Realtor’s Association, 33% of recent homeowners were first time buyers. It can take first time homebuyers 60-90 days longer to make a home buying decision, due to being new at the process. The Loan Officers at Great Midwest Bank are here to make the process simple, fun and fast.
If you are looking, or will be looking soon, to buy your first home, read over these essential tips before you start.
- Create a wish list; identify your wants and needs.
- Look past cosmetic dislikes, such as paint colors and wallpaper, which can be updated later. Consider homes that meet your structural needs; number of rooms and layout, which are harder to change.
- Look for homes that fit your future plans – though you may not have kids now, you may in the future. Look at room size, location to the master, bathrooms (with bathtubs), yard, street traffic and school districts. All which will also help for future resale.
- If you are able to, don’t buy a home after one visit; go back multiple times and inspect it top to bottom.
- Be ready to move quickly once you find the right home, get pre-approved with Great Midwest Bank well in advance of your home search.
Ready to dive into a new home? Great Midwest Bank can help you through the process. Contact a Simply…Local Loan Officer today to get started.
If you are also in the process of planning your wedding, stop by our booth at the Brookfield Bridal Expo, this Sunday, March 8th at the Sheraton Hotel in Brookfield, where we will answer your home buying questions and help you get your ducks in a row.